Friday, January 29, 2010

Progress!

No pictures today---just an update of my quilting activities----

1. I am a little over half done with quilting "the" quilt. I am using a feather panto but because it is so busy you really can't see the pattern. This is a good and a bad thing. Bad because it takes a lot of time for me and I am wondering why I didn't just go ahead and do a meandering. Good though because I get to practice and mistakes will be hidden for sure once I wash and dry this puppy.

2. My Moda Kona rolls finally got here and so I have made about 5 (good) blocks for my paintbox quilt. I actually made 10 but the first 5 were off. I couldn't get them the same size for some reason. Now I have FINALLY figured out how to made a "scant" 1/4 inch seam, and they are all coming out 7.5 (up from the 6 inch of the pattern). I want to make a queen size quilt so I have 51 blocks to go!!!

3. Made several blocks for my Peaches/Berries and Cream. Again I am making a queen and so have "several" more to make.

4. I almost forgot---I put a on a binding and am currently sewing it down---so I will move that off my "To Do" list!

School has been called off---we are expecting 10 inches of snow here in Middle TN. It is grey and cold and the sleet is moving in. That is a bad thing for sure since it is expected we will get several inches of ice first and then snow. I am scheduled to work tomorrow, but if the predictions come true, I will have to call off. I have to drive about 40 minutes (40 miles or so) to work, crossing bridges, down and up hills on rural roads before I even get to the interstate---and I am sorta fearful of driving in weather like we are to get----so I may have to call off. Since the other nurses who are schedules live in the town where the hospital is, I don't feel "too" bad.

Well--just wanted to keep you posted! I will drink another cup of coffee, do some work and then hopefully get to the fun part this afternoon!

Have a great day and stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. no use in risking your life in that kinda weather. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy. I wouldn't feel bad about taking a bad weather day tomorrow. I'm planning to take a mental health half day today...believe me, I need it! And, Yeah to you! for getting one off the to-do list. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!