Saturday, January 9, 2010

Update!

I am really progressing on my Bonnie mystery (which isn't a mystery anymore since I know what the end result will be). I figure if I write about it, it will be more likely that I will finish it. I am glad really that I saw what the final quilt looks like because I have been able to change my choice of fabrics. I think I originally was going to make it too scrappy (if there is such a thing). The design would have been lost. It is still scrappy, but rather than lights I am using fabrics that are more "background"--actually reproduction shirting. Hopefully, you will be able to see my design more.

I have also included a picture of my new favorite tool---the Accuquilt GO! I absolutely love it. I had to cut 204 2.5 inch triangles! I would have never been able to do it so quickly AND accurately! In addition, I have to cut 204 2.5 inch squares! I would have never tackled that project before getting this tool. If you are debating getting one---go for it! I have found that if I cover the fabric with a coffee filter, my fabric is less likely to slip resulting in inaccurate cuts.



My GO!



100 of the 204 half-square triangles



80 of the 204 half-square triangles----20 more to go!!!



48 Completed poinsetta blocks---these will be joined (in groups of 4) to form 14bigger blocks.

Just wanted to keep you posted! Have a good evening!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!